Forklift Incident – Impacted Foot
Event Title: Forklift Incident – Impacted Foot
Event date: 12th August 2019
Event location: Eastpack
This morning a driver at one of our offsite locations was reversing when his foot was caught between the forklift and a structural pole within the Coolstore. – Please note the photos of the scene are reenacted, while the boot (actual drivers boot) managed to protect the driver’s foot from serious damage. The driver had a foot hanging out over the edge of the forklift cab. He was reversing very close to the structural pole.
Initial Actions Taken:
- The driver was taken out of the cold environment and first aid was administered
- An ambulance was called
- The incident has had an initial investigation
- Red Alert issued
Lessons and Recommendations:
- All offsites to have a review of emergency information.
- Toolbox discussions across the organization on correct driver behavior and positioning.
- A review of site map including location and rapid number.
- A review on lone or remote worker procedure for offsites.
- A reminder to all staff to create observations of any unsafe areas or areas to be improved.