Payday filing is here
Payday filing became mandatory on 1 April, which means all employers must now be payday filing.
This means that you:
- Need to file employment information within:
- Two working days if filing electronically, or
- Ten working days/twice-monthly if filing on paper
- Can file in advance; don’t need to file nil returns
- No longer need to file an Employer Deductions form (IR345)
- Need to file additional details about new and departing employees.
Remember, payment due dates stay the same.
IRD’s latest webinar aims to answer all of your key questions about payday filing. You can watch this on demand here.
For more information on payday filing, visit IRD’s website.