KEEP CLEAR OF TRUCKS
Event title: Truck Incident – Unloading truck tipped sideways
Event Date: 21 October 2021
Event Location: Baygold
- A truck unloading fertiliser tipped sideways on flat ground.
Initial Actions Taken:
- We are working with the supplier to understand the cause of the event and put steps in place to stop this happening again.
Lessons and Recommendations:
- Each Spring we have over 350 truckloads of fertiliser being delivered.
- An important reminder to keep 15m away from any truck while unloading (at least the length of the tipper).
- Do not attempt to help truck drivers or guide them into position as it can distract the driver and put you in harm’s way.
- Make sure workers are kept out of nearby blocks and mark off the rows if necessary.