Light Utility Vehicle Incident
Event Title: Light Utility Vehicle Incident
Event date: 5 February 2020
Event location: Te Puke
Two members of the Grounds team were involved in an incident on the ramp to the gulley on Wednesday afternoon, 5 February 2020, were the vehicle rolled onto its side with driver being thrown from the vehicle & passenger having their leg caught under the ROPS. Emergency Services were called and both team members were taken to Tauranga hospital but released the same day.
Conclusion from Initial Research:
- Very steep / loose gravel road to the gulley.
- 4 Wheel drive not engaged
- Seat belts not worn
Lessons and Recommendations:
- Immediate update to all staff on incident & medical condition of workers
- Control & cordon of site until released by WorkSafe
- Recovery of LUV from site with damage assessment being recorded
- Assess & implement new standard company practices for daily inspections of LUV’s & other equipment’s prior to use
- Review of service & maintenance procedures of all LUV’s and other equipment’s
- Review & recommendation for improvements to the gulley access road surface