Water Conservation Order
The following parties lodged an application for a water conservation order (WCO) for the entire length of the Ngaruroro and Clive Rivers in Hawkes Bay based on the rivers having certain outstanding values.
- New Zealand Fish and Game Council
- Hawke’s Bay Fish and Game Council
- Operation Patiki Ngāti Hori ki Kohupatiki
- Whitewater NZ Incorporated
- Jet Boating New Zealand
- Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand
Version 3 of the draft order has been set for hearings in February. Horticulture NZ has been reviewing the WCO and will be holding a meeting in Hawkes Bay for interested parties to comment and provide feedback on Horticulture NZ position which is:
- The economic and social importance of growing
- Preference for a National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management process
- Uncertainty about how the WCO would be implemented
The meeting details are:
- 10.30 – 11:30 on Tuesday 27th November.
- At the Heinz-Watties Discovery Centre, end of Tomoana Road, Hastings